Thursday, October 20, 2011

MaeCare Day 4

Spending time with grandpa yesterday cut into our playground time, so I made a deal with Mae, no park because we have to go to the pet store but you can have a fish. Meet, 'Girl', her male Beta. She is very happy. 

Mae and I are on our own again for most of the day. I can't say I am the best food provider. For breakfast she had corn chips and a carrot with ranch dip and apple juice. Now she is watching a Tinker Bell movie and double fisting old ring pops. She gets one after each swim practice during the week but never finishes them, thus the leftovers. 

She is going to be part of  my workout today. Its nice out so I am going to carry her a couple miles to the pharmacy and back. A good upper body workout carrying her. Maybe get her on my shoulders and do a quarter mile of lunges. We've been working on a version of the press up that cheerleader squads do. She stands upright rigid and I do a clean and press by holding her calves. A core/balance workout for her, and I get to do 20 reps of a upright press while shes up there. Also thinking of trying to pull a wagon behind me, if she gets tired. Still thinking of how to tie it around my waist so its hands free while we walk. Some rope for waist and maybe duct tape to constrict the handle joint to keep it straight. 

Mo has football practice tonight and then I'll end the day after that with a special team meeting for future racing with AZTRICLUB. 

It's not enough to exist. I am going to live. 

 

No comments: