Friday, May 8, 2009

Found

Oh man, I could easily go through all the negative people that have tried to knock me off my stride this week. This economy brings the worst out of people. Focusing on the negative is a bummer and a cause/effect of Common Man Syndrome so I instead will focus on some positives.

I got some free money this week! About $500 worth. How you may ask? I found two expensive items I truly felt were lost and needed to replace out of pocket.

What are these two precious items. The first is my eight year old Camelbak M.U.L.E. and the second my Polar S625X heart rate monitor watch.

My MULE has been on almost all my adventures. It is the perfect way to carry water and some gear. I have run thousands of miles, climbed up 12,000 foot mountains and down into the Grand Canyon with that thing on my back. To me a Camelbak is a required life item.

Everyone has their preferred heart rate monitor and as a former sponsored triathlete of Polar I am slightly biased but the 625 is the greatest triathlon HRM ever made. It is more versatile and compatible to triathlon than any other watch thus created. No other watch I have ever owned can be as modified to my specific endurance pursuits than this watch. Missing for several months I was dispondant but resigned to buying another at a significant investment because I like it so much.

So what do I do with my new found windfall? Celebrate for sure. I have my original gear back, every scratch and tear a memorable story. I am most likely going to count my blessings and put it in savings.

There's treasure everywhere.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Nice finds! I know they will continue to serve you well.

Greg said...

i'm glad you found the M.U.L.E.

it's a signature Commodore piece!

i've been missin' you bigtime bro...

talkin' about all of this isn't helping!

Bill said...

Glad I'm not the only one still sporting a M.U.L.E. That thing has been through a lot with me over the years, as has yours.

Good to see that you were able to find both!