Monday, April 27, 2009

Releasing

I have been uncharacteristically uninspired the last couple of weeks. I think I wrote more when I was injured and further away from the endurance world than I have lately. It reminds me of a line in the movie Wayne's World. Wayne says, "I once thought I had mono for an entire year. Turns out I was just really bored."

Well I am not really bored, far from it, just incredibly busy. Having a new born and dealing with this economy and being a person who is sought after as a problem solver and my day never ends. Since Mae was born I have started waking up at 0430 instead of 0530 so I can still attempt a run and mediation before doing a list of house chores for Mistress before we all leave for the day by 0730. Then, after twelve or thirteen hours, I get home and try to be a father and husband for a few moments and then if I didn't workout, motivate myself for a trainer ride and prep for the next day.

Training and nutrition have suffered. The training more so. It used to be that I couldn't workout. Now that I can, I can't because the baby takes so much more responsibility. It doesn't help that I really have no training goal. I am not racing till 2010 and that ultimately is a good thing. I am hydrating as much as I can but my urine color is up and down. My nutrition is not bad, I could ease up on some of the impulsive eating but the flat out fact is that lack of training at the level I am accustomed to is taking its toll.

Every day is a new day and I have the choice to be more and do more or live life in reverse. Who wants to do that? I don't want, like or appreciate living a life that is a lie, that is not good enough. Like telling myself I don't have the time/energy/desire to do something that is beneficial and healthy for me when I really know I do. It is not enough that I have had a second, third, forth or even more chances to have a good life. So what if it meets your expectations, it may not meet mine.

There's treasure everywhere....but a person still needs to go and look for it.


2 comments:

21stCenturyMom said...

Babies are not babies for very long. Before you know it her baby days will be over and you will be so glad you put her first and spent the time taking care of her being a good partner to Carol.

I think you are doing great! What more can you ask of yourself reasonably than to get up an hour early and fit in what you can? A lesser man would just give up. Go Comms!

Duane said...

What will you be racing in 2010? Any thoughts yet?