Tuesday, April 14, 2009

from fun to fit and back

I have run farther in the last 24 hours that I have in the last two weeks. So I sit here with that beautiful sensation of lactated muscles, tender knees and tired smile.

No long suffer fests, depending on your idea of suffering. I have no race goal or schedule so my training does not have to stick to time/distance work. I get in a couple short workouts a day (fitness snacks) under an hour each.

Without the necessity of four hour rides or two hour runs, I can do some (short) interval work and train in a way completely different than ironman training.

Of course nothing goes as planned and I retore my right rib last week. Almost to the damn day a year ago I tore it the first time. Life really is nothing more than manging pain and by seeking it out I learn something new about me. Course I still haven't learned to listen to it.

Working out is fun again. Fitness can bring a lot of hardwork, sacrifice and it becomes tedious. I'm still trying to stay in that fun zone. but I miss that hardwork zone.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm glad you're having fun working out. (And I *know* you can learn to listen!)

Bolder said...

i'm watching you.

are you behaving?