Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Rearing the ugly head.

As much as I try to take care of myself, hitting a road block is unavoidable in my recovery. Between several stressful projects at work, trying to string together the right nutrition and hydration plan all day long and with a baby at home, my body has to break down at some point.

Why not today?

Last Friday I reached a level of frustration at work that prompted excusing myself from physically harming someone. That's serious stress. On Saturday, I was the event director for our company fitness challenge. Like last year the adrenaline and excitement, coupled with my own body's remembrance of competition caused some adrenal surges that harmed my kidneys. The tale was in the tea colored urine.

On Monday, I confess I ran much to hard for my good and felt great. I followed up before bed with a killer paced trainer ride. Tuesday stuck to my plan.

For the last few days my nutrition and hydration have been off. Meetings, appointments, issues that pushed me away from what I needed to do for me. Wednesday I completely fell off my wagon sitting at my desk within arms reach of all the nutritious food I packed for lunch and gallons of water. It went untouched for hours.

My first trip to the rest room, very late in the day, was not a positive sign.

I get it. I screwed up. Sorry.

Back on track.


4 comments:

Ryan said...

Life = Roadblock

Roll over it slowy then reaccelerate...right!

Nancy Toby said...

I think what you're recounting means kidney damage each time it occurs.

You can't afford to screw up, Comm. Ever. I'm just sayin'.... do whatever it takes.

Chris said...

Day by Day my friend...

Day by Day! (even hour by hour) Whatever you need to make it work.

Even only knowing you through your blog and stories it seems like Nancy is right. You HAVE to make it work! Your health, familiy and life are worth it man.

Geo said...

You have been a huge inspiration to me Comm.

Here's my crazy story... 24 hour ride for Arkansas Children's Hospital. Just posted my final month's training schedule.
http://gears4ears.wordpress.com/