Monday, March 1, 2010

I must have a headache, cause my ass hurts

How's that for a catchy title, huh? The reality is that I pulled a muscle in my glute last week and whether I stand or sit or lay down, it just aches. Its not a sharp pain, but its uncomfortable. It feels like a massive charlie horse. Best guess is that my hamstrings are stronger than my quads and during one of my more intense running segments this imbalance fired my glute to hard and now my my butt cheek aches.

Its a funnier and more juvenile statement then the actual effect. Thus the title of this post. You have to have a sense of humor in things like this. I don't actually think this is going to be a deal breaker on my training but I did take a couple days off to stretch and rest. And I can assure you I did not spend that down time just sitting on my ass. Cause it hurt to much.

Come to think of it, I am planning on some spinning tonight. That may not go so well. I may be out of the saddle a bit more than usual. Come to think of it, I should probably just do some incline treadmill walking tonight and get back in the saddle tomorrow.

Good news though is that I had some blood work done last month and the numbers couldn't have been much better. My cholesterol was a total of 168. My pulse 59. My HR 115/75. Weight 182. I did have one high number that had to do with my kidney function but it was just out of range, so I will take it. Good to go. Mistress was hoping those were taken after the marathon but they weren't. No pleasing that woman.

Its not enough to exist. I am going to live.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Reminds me of a movie I once watched.... something about ass twitching :) "Hanz, your Hammies are so large... " I don't know how to follow that one up! Good stats from your blood work... I need to go get my physical in the next month or two and get some bloodwork done as well. It has been waaaaay to long. Have a good rest of your weekend.