Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ahead of the game ain't that great sometimes.

I have been on blogger.com for several years. As the website has improved it has had significant changes in the positive. However problems occurs when people who make the first jump to new technology can't have their make, model or version adapt to current technology. For a number of reasons. So I was quite unhappy when the developers sent me a notice that my version of blogger can no longer be supported by an FTP (a paid host server) and I would have to make adjustments to my system in order to keep my blog.

Well crap. I don't know how to do this stuff so I fell upon bended knee to my provider JoomlaAmerica and they did the work for me. I kind of feel like my partners who ran out to by the first version of iPhones only to have the price drop in half a few months later. And their phones virtually obsolete by the 3GS version two years later.

I can still publish on here, but unlike the more current versions of blogger, I lost all comments from my 1,800 posts and I I have to manually add widgets, rather than drag/drop as an option. Its what I do for the fans.

1 comment:

Andy said...

That sucks! Actually I have to go back now and change your site address because I cliced on your link to check out your site the other day and, "Error 404, server not found!" I knew that you would not just fall off the face of the earth without a proper farewell. Sorry to hear about the car. As my father says, "its always something!"