Monday, July 13, 2009

From the "Never too late" file

The pretty pink cast still remains firmly in place on the leg of Mistress. Thus I have really stretched my limits in several areas of our household that were formally forbidden to me, namely fixing things and cooking.

I know lots of people who are my parents age who did not pick up the hobbies I know them for having until they were my current age, (35-39 Age Group). So I was always sort of waiting to see if at some point in the near future, the impetus or even neccesity of focusing on mechanical/electrical/culinary tasks would become easier for me to handle.

I am not what you call a 'fixer'. As often implied, I can destroy anything but can put together very little. But this weekend I fixed my lawnmower. I know, I know, normally I would have just got a new one, this one is getting old. But instead I diagnosed the probable causes and dadgum it I got it running again. Saved myself a couple hundred dollars.

Which I pretty much thought was going to be put onto my deductible after I got done cooking dinner Saturday. (After soon to be Comms started fire was put out). Well I didn't follow the directions exactly but I used a BBQ, two burners on the stove and the microwave, at the same time even, and the meal turned out pretty damn good. I know- Shock! Mo even put down the fire extinguisher, which he got out himself and carried behind me the whole time, and declared that he liked it. Mistress had no choice but eat it, she couldn't get up to get something on her own anyhow. And she seemed sincere about it.

There's treasure everywhere.

2 comments:

LBTEPA said...

That's gorgeous :)

Mommymeepa said...

The visual of Mo following you with a fire extinguisher is priceless. It made me smile.